District Bridges Bilingual Program Coordinator
The District Bridges Bilingual Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting operations of District Bridges community engagement programs that encourage holistic community development in Columbia Heights, Mount Pleasant, Petworth, Parkview, and Pleasant Plains. The Coordinator will be responsible for strategic outreach and long term relationship development with our diverse community of stakeholders in both Spanish and English. S/he will manage/monitor both internal and external projects being conducted by District Bridges consultants. S/he will also be responsible for planning and supporting outreach and programmatic events such as festivals, workshops, and business technical assistance on an ongoing basis. The Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director and support her with administrative tasks as needed with a specific focus on outreach and engagement in Spanish.
The District Bridges is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to enrich neighborhood vitality by bridging community engagement and economic development so individuals, businesses, organizations can thrive together. In 2016, District Bridges was officially designated as one of the twelve DC Main Street Programs serving two of Washington, DC’s most diverse and densely populated neighborhoods in the city, Columbia Heights and Mount Pleasant. In 2017, District Bridges was able to obtain another DC Main Street grant to serve the Lower Georgia Avenue neighborhoods of Petworth, Parkview, and Pleasant Plains.
The core of our mission is about building strong, lasting relationships in our corridor. We are seeking a bilingual professional with strong interpersonal and communications skills to join our team. This position is an amazing opportunity to contribute to the growth of a grassroots community development organization in five vibrant neighborhoods. This professional will work directly with the Executive Director and Neighborhood Director as well as a wide range of local businesses, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and community partners in our corridor and across Washington, DC.
Required qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Strong written, verbal and visual communications skills in both English and Spanish, especially in a cross-cultural context for presentations, workshops, video recordings, and events; fluency in Spanish is required.
- Live translation in a variety of circumstances
- Exceptional interpersonal, listening, problem-solving, diplomatic skills, and ability to handle sensitive matters discreetly.
- Project management skills
- Creativity, professionalism and a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently, meet short deadlines with accuracy and acute attention to detail
- Ability to develop original content, edit materials, and perform administrative duties
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals; successful coordination of multiple tasks required; dependable, and able to think critically
- Previous event planning, community engagement, and marketing experience
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Bachelor's degree plus two years of applicable experience, or combination thereof
- Ability to work occasional evening/weekend activities and events
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner outreach and engagement in Spanish and English
- Craft written materials for DB events in Spanish and English
- Engage the local community by soliciting volunteers, attendees, and partners
- Coordinate and manage events in conjunction with staff and volunteers
- Management of new and existing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) maintaining best practices and monitoring key platforms and measurements
- Administrative tasks to assist the Executive Director
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) offering
- Benefits package, including medical and dental insurance
- Submit resume detailing your experience
- Submit a cover letter including salary requirements and explaining why you would be a great fit
- Email applications to email@example.com; Subject: DB Bilingual Program Coordinator